Maria SS. Immacolata | Church | ACQUAFREDDA
Church of Maria Santissima Immacolata [Immaculate Holy Mary]
The Church of Maria Santissima Immacolata is the parish church of Acquafredda di Maratea.
It is located in the central core of the hamlet, set with its characteristic bell tower, in the middle of some valuable nineteenth-century factories.
The church was built in 1833 as an extension of a chapel, constituting the current presbytery, dating back to the mid-eighteenth century.
Works of art in the Church
The interior of the Church of Maria SS Immacolata at Acquafredda, with a single nave, is decorated in an elegant Roman style.
On the splendid high altar, in polychrome marble and with a gold tabernacle, is the statue of the Immaculate, protectress of Acquafredda, flanked on a side altar of the nave, by sculpture of the Madonna del Carmine in 1897.
Valuable is also the wooden group of St. Anne and the Madonna, of the nineteenth century, placed above the door of the sacristy.
The statue of Our Lady of Sorrows dates back to the eighteenth century, placed on the right side of the nave.
On the left side, under the altar of S. Biagio, painted in the nineteenth century, is the tomb of the patriot Costabile Carducci, who fell to Acquafredda on July 4, 1848, as recalled by a plaque outside the church, killed by Bourbon spies .
www.maratea.info è gestito dall'Associazione
Supporta la nostra AssociazioneFAI UNA DONAZIONE !